What is volunteering all about, and WHY the Portsmouth Sail Training Trust?
Volunteering is all about:
- Giving something back to a cause that has impacted you.
- Make a difference in the life of another.
- Help those less fortunate than you.
- Help someone without a voice.
- Feel part of something greater than yourself.
- Be a valued part of a team.
- To be involved in something different to your busy lifestyle.
- Gain Confidence.
- Build self-esteem.
Through Volunteering with us you will:
- Gain new skills and experience.
- Enhance your CV.
- Develop existing Skills and knowledge.
- Gaining an accreditation.
- Using your skills and knowledge to help others.
- Meet new people and make new friends.
- Get to know the true Portsmouth and the riches it has to offer.
The Portsmouth Sail Training Trust is about raising the aspirations of the young people of Portsmouth. There are a number of ways you can get involved and be apart of Portsmouth’s future.
We welcome anyone to join the team, whether you can give a few hours a week or month or if you more interested in committing to a longer-term role, we will find a valuable place for you. Not only will you be giving your precious time to help the young people of Portsmouth but also we will help in developing your own skills and knowledge.
We are looking for your help in either a shorebased capacity or afloat whichever you feel could be most beneficial.
- You could help by providing administrative support
- Become a local fundraise
- You might have valuable skills that you can pass onto the young people of Portsmouth in teaching a course or workshop
- Become a mentor and help develop the self-esteem of the young people into adult life through work placements or general advice and support.
There are many more we can suggest but I am sure you will have some great ideas of your own, so why don’t you pick up the phone or drop us an email and get involved today.
There are two main ways you can get involved in our afloat activities, either help us maintain our vessels as without them we will not be able to give the young people a critical resource to help raise their aspirations. Or give us some of your time in helping mentor or crewing the boats, from driving the rescue boat to being a relief skipper. If you want to learn valuable sailing and leadership skills we can help you achieve this if you can give us your time.
SO DON’T DELAY get in touch today and see what difference you can make!
- Fundraising Events
- Partner Support
Fund raising events
We will be participating in the Great South Run 2016.
We are doing this event to help raise some much needed funds for our young people projects and to raise awareness of our charity.
The event is ‘on our doorstep’ it goes past our home Port and office. The Great South Run also holds with our ethos of training and participating to the best of our ability in a competitive sporting environment.
The event is 10 miles long so is achievable for most people through a reasonable training programme and a certain level of dedication so it mirrors our stated aims of commitment to help give and raise aspirations.
So if you are up for the challenge and feel that your participation in this event would benefit both yourself and the Portsmouth Sail Training Trust, please get in touch.